Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Abreu to the Yanks..with Lidle I believe

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Abreu to the Yanks..with Lidle I believe

    Phillies in the salary dump mode and sounds like Philly gets limited minor league prospects back, but Yanks absorb all salary.

    Even though Boston has a high salary total, this is why I would love to see a bit more of a salary cap. Philadelphia isn't a small market, but they have to dump salaries to make changes. Yankees, well they just keep raising their total, and never worry about it.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abreu to the Yanks..with Lidle I believe

    I read somewhere that the Yankees pay more in Luxary Tax than half the teams pay in salary.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jake_norris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2006
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abreu to the Yanks..with Lidle I believe

    Abreu has really struggled this year, he has gone 100+ ABs without a HR. Don't know if this is going to be enough to lock the Yanks in for the Wild Card.
    The reason New York pulled the trigger on this is that the Phillies backed down in their pursuit of RHP Phillip Hughes, the Yankees top minors prospect.

    I wish MLB would set a cap so all of the teams could be competitive. It would make for a more exciting season.
    National Finals Rodeo, starts November 30th

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Abreu to the Yanks..with Lidle I believe

    Can't say that this deal excites me any. Another acquisition of an overpaid player who is in a long slump now and a mediocre pitcher. Just don't see Abreu being the catalyst to a playoff run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •